Special Assistant to the CEO
The Special Assistant will support the overarching mission of the Special Competitive Studies Project in its effort to make recommendations to strengthen America’s long-term competitiveness where artificial intelligence (AI) and other emerging technologies are reshaping our national security, economy, and society.
This is an in-person position at our headquarters in Crystal City. Located in the National Landing business development district. 4 min walk from Crystal City Metro on the blue/yellow lines.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience providing direct high-level organizational and administrative support to a senior executive in a fast-pace environment
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Effective and flexible team player
- Provide high-level administrative support to the CEO, serving as a critical link between the CEO and all outside partners and their support teams
- Manage and ensure follow-up on email and correspondence in a timely way
- Collaborate across the organization to secure advance preparation materials, with the Executive Secretariat, necessary for all CEO engagement; includes CEO’s weekly meetings with direct reports, senior leadership meetings, Board meetings, trips, external engagements and others
- Think creatively to independently identify, evaluate, and solve issues connected to the CEO’s calendar as they arise, bringing them to the attention of the Chief of Staff and CEO for input or resolution as needed
- Manage and track CEO’s office deadlines based on agreed priorities and deadlines assigned to ensure all deadlines are met and action items followed-up on
- Research, coordinate and orchestrate all travel advance work for the CEO including travel arrangements and coordination of event logistics for complex multi-city and international trips, ensuring excellent collaboration with teams across the organization
- Participate in regular interaction with SCSP leadership to ensure collaboration in establishing shared goals, determining priorities, and managing tasks
- Draft and/or edit CEO’s correspondence, including memos and other documents, on behalf of the CEO to accurately reflect the voice and message of the CEO
- Utilize company-wide process software to create, implement, and manage processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision benefits, monthly commuter, wellness, and cell phone benefits, generous retirement contribution, 15 company holidays plus your birthday plus three weeks paid leave.