Technical Program Associate
We are seeking a skilled and motivated individual to support the overarching mission of the Special Competitive Studies Project in its effort to make recommendations to strengthen America’s long-term competitiveness where artificial intelligence (AI) and other emerging technologies are reshaping our national security, economy, and society.
As a Technical Program Associate, you will play a crucial role in providing technical expertise and guidance for our research and analysis initiatives. The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of relevant experience, coupled with a strong background in coding programs and a baseline understanding of the landscape of national security and technology.
- Provide technical expertise and advice on matters related to national security and technology, including cybersecurity, emerging technologies, data analysis, and algorithmic systems.
- Collaborate with researchers, analysts, and policy experts to develop research methodologies and strategies that incorporate cutting-edge technology and computational approaches.
- Conduct in-depth analysis and evaluation of technical aspects of national security issues, identifying potential risks and opportunities for policy interventions.
- Design, develop, and implement computational models, simulations, and algorithms to support research objectives and provide actionable insights.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in computer science, cybersecurity, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and related fields, translating research findings into practical recommendations.
- Provide technical input and review on policy documents, reports, and briefings, ensuring accuracy, coherence, and relevance to both technical and policy audiences.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders, including government agencies, industry experts, and academic institutions, to foster partnerships and stay informed about emerging trends and challenges in national security and technology.
- Contribute to the organization’s outreach efforts by participating in conferences, workshops, and other public forums, presenting research findings, and representing the organization’s technical capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field.
- 2-5 years of experience in computer science, cybersecurity, or a relevant technical field, preferably within the context of national security.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, Java, C++, or similar, with the ability to develop, maintain, and debug complex code.
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles.
- Experience with relevant coding programs and frameworks, such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or OpenCV.
- Knowledge of machine learning, artificial intelligence, and data analysis techniques.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with keen attention to detail and the ability to think critically about complex technical issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- A demonstrated passion for national security issues, technology policy, and the role of computer science in addressing complex challenges.
Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision benefits, monthly commuter, wellness, and cell phone benefits, generous retirement contribution, 15 company holidays plus your birthday plus three weeks paid leave.